Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
9 Bath Street
This section of the street was created in 1877 as New Bath Street, linking what was then Lower Bath Street to Queen Street. It is probable that whis was No 6 New Bath Street before the whole street was renumbered in 1926.
Bath Street, St Helier
Type of property
19th century offices, built in 1877, when the street was extended from Hilgrove Street to Queen Street.
Sold for £365,000 in 2016. Identified in transaction as 'formerly 6 New Bath Street'. This is confirmed by the continuing occupancy by P Le Sueur through 1925 to 1930
Families and businesses associated with the property
- 1886 - T M Carter, engineer
- 1890-1965 - P Le Sueur
- 1955-1965 - Vogue Styles
- 1965 - La Manche estate agents
- 1975 - Edgar Hailton and Carter
Historic Environment Record entry
This building contributes to the streetscape in its scale and proportions and its materials. The shop windows are finely designed and crafted, and all windows reflect well the period of the building's renovation. 19th century building renovated in 1949 (architects Grayson and Le Sueur).
Corner building. Roof set back behind parapet. Walls rendered above ground floor which is ashlar granite with projecting rendered cornice. Granite datestones of 1888 and 1949 on first-floor corner. Main entrance double, single pane glazed metal door with overlight in granite stepped back recess.