Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
La Maitrerie Farm
Rue de La Maitrerie, St Martin
Type of property
Farm with possible 16th century origins, divided into residential units
- Sold for £825,000 in 2002
- Several transactions for five different residential units
Families associated with the property
- Le Maistre: The family after whom the house was named
- Doublard: In 1941 Jean Baptiste Doublard (1886- ), his wife Lucille Marie, née Crenan (1900- ) and their daughters, Violet Edith and Lucille Marie, were living here
- ELM 1716 - For Le Maistre
- 18 GGD ♥ IGD 12 - For George and Jeanne Gaudin, who married in St Martin in 1805 
- TG ♥ JMdeG 1892 - For Thomas Gaudin and Jane Margaret de Gruchy
Historic Environment Record entry
The farmhouse with possible 16th century origins and associated early 19th century outbuildings retains its proportions and historic external features. The other buildings each retain their character with many historic features remaining. The group remains cohesive as a whole.
This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. It is considered to be 16th century in origin with developments in the 18th and 19th centuries. Three farmhouses and extensive outbuildings renovated in late 20th century to multiple occupancy.
Farmhouse on south-east of site: Two-storey, three-bay. Extension to northeast is 1999.
Notes and references
- ↑ George was the son of David, but we have not been able to place them in any of our Gaudin trees