Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Route de Noirmont, St Brelade
Type of property
19th century farm - the manor farm of Noirmont Manor
No recent transactions. Owned by the States of Jersey, having been purchased in 1950 along with land at Noirmont
Families associated with the property
- De Gruchy
Historic Environment Record entry
19th century farmstead with historic links to Noirmont Manor. The farmhouse and farm buildings as a whole create a cohesive group contributing to the rural setting.
The outbuilding to the north is particularly fine with its symmetrical elevational treatment and fine stonework.
Farmstead comprising a probable 18th century farmhouse with rear cowshed and adjacent 19th century outbuildings, a 19th century pigsty, open shed and granite outbuilding forming a yard to the west, and an associated late 19th century stable/store building to the north.
Warren Farm was historically part of the Noirmont Manor estate with the headland used as the rabbit warren for the manor.
A single building in the same location as the barn is shown on the Duke of Richmond Map, 1795. It is not entirely clear if this relates to any of the structures that survives today but may be the farmhouse and cowshed.
Warren Farm and the main part of Noirmont Headland were bought by the States of Jersey in 1950 from Catherine May de Gruchy and Hope May Dixon (owners of the Fief, Manor and Seignory of Noirmont) "with the object that it shall be preserved in perpetuity as a memorial to the men and women of Jersey who perished in the Second World War".
Interior of outbuilding to north has rendered wall with ashlar effect - the south room has painted graffiti left by the German occupying forces in World War Two when the building was apparently used to house officers horses.