Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue St Julien, St Saviour
Type of property
19th century farm  The property includes one of the last apple crushers to be used in Jersey and the farm was one of the last to produce cider in commercial quantities.
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Boleat: In 1941 Joseph Peter Boleat (1891-1950 ) was living here with his wife Augustine Adele, nee Le Mouton (1889- ), their daughter Marguerite Marie (1923-2015 ) and sons Joseph Columba (1931-2001 ) and George Arthur Joseph (1931-1995). Joseph Peter was the son of Joseph Marie Boleat (1864-1911) and Marie Joseph Guyomard (1868-1960) who both came to Jersey from Brittany in about 1880 as agricultural workers.
- JBD ♥ MBL 1869 - For Jean Baudains and M Billot 
- RN ♥ MMC - For Richard Noel and M Machon 
- IPC ♥ IN 1817 - For Jean Perchard and Jeanneton Noel, who married in St Mary in 1816
Historic Environment Record entry
This property has significance architecturally and historically as a 19th century farm group. Historic fabric and some external features remain. The whole contributes to the rural setting.
Single storey, eight-bay house with lean-to to north, single storey outbuilding to south. Parallel to east is range of single and two-storey outbuildings. North ends of house and outbuildings return along roadside in single storey to form gateway. Detached to south east is a two-storey outbuilding.
Notes and references
- ↑ This is a very modest property compared with most 19th century farms in Jersey. It is very unusual to find such an extensive farmstead with a single-storey farmhouse.
- ↑ Interpretation by Datestone Register. Marriage record not found, nor baptisms of any children
- ↑ Interpretation by Datestone Register. Marriage record not found, nor baptisms of any children. It is possible that Richard was related to Jeanneton on the next stone but no connection has been found. There is no Richard at an appropriate time in Jeanneton's family tree