From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Sunnyside, St Brelade


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through


Property name



Clos de l'Ecluse off Mont Les Vaux. This private road is named after a lockon the stream which once drove the wheel of a watermill, known as Moulin d'Egoutte Pluye. The stream rises south-west of St Peter's CHurch and at St Aubin divides the Vingtaines of Noirmont and du Coin before making its way underground, through a drainpipe to the harbour. The mill pond was in the meadow bordering Mont Les Vaux, and has been cut in two by the construction of the road in 1865.

Type of property

Mid-19th century St Aubin town house


Sold for £520,000 in 2006 and £710,000 in 2011

Families associated with the property

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

This mid-late 19th century townhouse retains its original proportions and some original features. Two-storey plus attic, five-bay.

Property fronted by low granite wall, brick copings.

Notes and references

Two old photographs of the family who lived at Sunnyside in the late 19th or early 20th century

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs