St James the Less

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search
St James the Less

St James the Less was originally an Anglican church built for the British Garrison and other English-speaking residents of St Peter Port and opened in 1818. It was designed by John Wilson and funded by Admiral Lord de Saumarez. By the 1970s it had fallen into disuse, and following a campaign to save the building, it was restored for use as a concert hall, and reopened in 1985.

The Priaulx Library holds microfilm copies of baptisms registers for the period 1948-1970.

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs