Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
St Aubyn's Hotel
Rue du Crocquet, St Aubin
Type of property
Mid-18th century town house on St Aubin's High Street, now holiday apartments
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Le Brocq: In 1941 Robert Clement Le Brocq (1925- ) and Dorothy Ruby Brown (1926- ) were living here
- TPE or PTE 1737 
- II - For Jean Janvrin, son of Brelade, whose sister Anne married Philippe Marett of La Haule
Historic Environment Record entry
An exceptionally fine mid-18th century townhouse with good surviving features and early use of double pile plan form and M-shaped roof.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Formerly L'Anciennete, stands on the site of an older property.
Set back from street behind low granite wall with railings. Very good ironwork. Two-storey plus attics and basement, five bays.
Retains exceptionally fine and unusual oak, M-shaped roof structure, designed to span the double pile structure, sophisticated original pine planking in stairwell, six-panel doors, very fine original circa 1750 dog-leg staircase with turned balusters, half balusters on corner posts and handrail intersecting with string.
Former Coach House: Located east/west end on to street.
Old Jersey Houses
'One is tempted to think that Jean Janvrin refaced a far older house in about 1820 (his initials and the date 1818 appear on the harbour jetty), and it also seems likely that the enclosed courtyard on the opposite side of the High Street was his shipyard or store, as its entrance pillars are exactly similar to those on the house.