South View, St Saviour

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

South View, St Saviour


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through


Property name

South View

Other names

  • Southview
  • Southview Farm


Junction of Rue de La Guillaumerie and Rue du Pont, St Saviour

Type of property

19th century farm group on site of earlier property


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property


Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

A good example of late 19th century farm group retaining many historic features and character.

The 1795 Richmond map shows an earlier group of buildings on the site of the current property, although none of these earlier structures are believed to survive.

The 1849 Godfray Map shows a property on the site under the ownership of F Gaudin.

The first named entry for Southview Farm in the census returns is in 1871 - the head occupant recorded as Elie Poch, a farmer of 14 acres who was also living here in 1881. From 1891-1911 the occupant was John Rive, described as a farmer and landowner.

The 1935 Ordnance Survey map shows the extent of the farm group as today, with the exception of the outbuilding in the southeast corner.

Notes and references

  1. John Helier married Louisa a year after Jane Marguerite's death in 1899
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs