Picture gallery of shops of the past

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Click on image to see larger picture

Jimmy Rimington outside his fruit and veg shop at No 13 King Street. The premises were built or remodelled for him in 1904 ...

Click on any image below to see a full-size version. Businesses are sorted alphabetically

Mrs Marshall's grocery shop was in Aquila Road
Bird's Bakery
Burtons is still in King Street, but Woolworth, behind, has closed, and Noel and Porter, further down the street, was demolished to make way for British Home Stores
The shop at Carrefour Selous
Francis Foot outside his Dumaresq Street shop
Alf Jeune, seed merchant at 1 Burrard Street
Le Quesne wine merchant in 1912
W B Morris's Charing Cross Grocery Stores (No 6) in the 1900s
Parpallion, Colomberie 1910
Jimmy Rimington's fruiters and florists at 13 King Street from 1904 until the early 1960s
Mabel Skingle inside the Kensington Place shop she ran in the 1930s
West Park Supply Stores
Colomberie butcher Peter Bevis with a display of Christmas turkeys

Adverts and invoices

Ethel Yates' shop in James Road in the 1920s
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs