Orford House

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Orford House, St John


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

Orford House

Other names

Orford Cottage


Rue du Temple, St John

Type of property

Early 18th century country house


The house and cottage sold for £1,455,000 in 2021

Families associated with the property



  • IPN (reversed) 1718 - For Jean or Josué Pinel
  • 19 PR ♥ WM 74 - For Philip Rondel and Wendy Morgan

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

The three-bay house retains its historic proportions and some stonework features externally and internally.

This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795, it originates from 1718 with the outshot and outbuilding added in 19th century.

The only remaining historic feature is on the west gable, an open corbelled granite fireplace.

Old Jersey Houses

Not included

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs