Mon Plaisir

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Mon Plaisir, Grouville


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through


Property name

Mon Plaisir

Other names

  • Pied du Catillon
  • Mon Plaisir Farm


Rue de Grouville, Grouville

Type of property

Country house with 16th century origins


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

  • Guibout: In 1941 Marcel Guibout (1905- ) and his daughters Dolores Renee Roma (1930- ) and Yvonne Marie Marcelle (1929- ) were living here

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

This farmhouse sits well in the landscape with its extensive garden to the south. It retains its original character with historic features remaining externally and internally, of particular note is the fireplace.

Known to have been called La Pied du Catillon.

It is considered that the northeast wing was originally a chamber in 16th century. The house was refronted in the early 17th century and refurbished internally in the late 18th century. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Two-storey, five-bay main farmhouse with attic, with 20th century west wing. Two-storey wing to northeast with adjacent single storey outbuilding. Wing to northwest. Pigsties on the north boundary.

Main farmhouse: slate roof with two pitched Victorian style dormers. Stone chimneys on each gable. Walls squared granite with chamfered openings.

Central entrance, single pile with 20th century rear extension. Staircase has stick balusters, mahogany handrail with swan neck. Ground floor west room has corbelled granite fireplace with carving on corbels and chamfers and carved chamfer stops on uprights.

West room contains fielded panelling on south and north walls and enclosed beam. East and west rooms on first floor have six-panel cupboard doors.

Old Jersey Houses

This property is a sad example of how so many important properties were dismissed in a few lines by the author.

It is old enough to merit inclusion in the first volume, which means that it dates back at least to the 17th century [1], but the result was just four lines of text about some windows in the property.

Thanks to HER we are now in a position to add to this desultory mention,

Notes and references

  1. It has now been shown to have 16th century elements
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs