Maison du Sud

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Maison du Sud, St Ouen


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name

Maison du Sud


Route du Port, St Ouen

Type of property

17th century five-bay cottage


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property


  • ILF ♥ ML 1807 - The initials suggest a match for Jean Le Feuvre and Marie Luce, who married in St Helier in 1794, but it is possible that the stone is for Jean Le Feuvre and Marie Le Ruez, who married in St Ouen in 1801 [1]

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

This five-bay cottage retains its historic character and features. Its significance is enhanced by its relationship with the other two neighbouring cottages.

This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. It is considered to date from the 17th century and was refronted in 1807. Single storey house with 20th century wing running south against west gable.

Notes and references

  1. This stone is not in the Datestone Register
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs