Les Noyers, St John

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Les Noyers, St John


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org


Property name

Les Noyers

Other names

Les Noyers Cottage


Les Chenolles, St John

Type of property

19th century farm


Les Noyers Cottage sold for £475,000 in 2019

Families associated with the property

  • Le Quesne: Former owner Richard Le Quesne sold up and left the island in 1899
  • Huelin: In 1941 Hedley Francis Huelin (1890- ) [1], his wife Annie Lilian, nee Gibaut (1894- ) and their children, Leslie Lewis (1928- ), Margaret Lilian (1933- ), Christine Noella (1935- ) were living here
  • Renault: Also living here in 1941 were Thomas Renault (1898- ) his wife Florence Eleanor, nee Beaugeard (1902- ), and their children Cyril Thomas (1927- ), Dennis Alfred (1929- ) and Leslie Charles (1932- )


1835 - datestone with no initials, probably recording date of construction

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Early-mid 19th century farm group retaining historic features and character. Two-storey, five-bay house and farm buildings. Unusually steep-pitched slate roof, dressed granite chimneys with ashlar caps and thatch stones.

Notes and references

  1. We have not been able to place this family in any of our Huelin trees. Hedley Francis was the son of James and Evangeline Huelin
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs