Les Marroniers

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Les Marroniers, St Peter


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org


Property name

Les Marroniers


Rue des Niemes, St Peter

Type of property

Five-bay country house. The old black and white photograph above appears to show a thatched roof over the main house, with a much lower roofline at the front than in the modern photographs


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

None identified. There is very little on record about this property


None identified despite antiquity of the property

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

This five-bay, Jersey house has fine 17th century stonework and retains its historic proportions and character.

Although the roofscape and openings to the adjacent buildings have been altered they remain a cohesive group and the linear group is significant as it forms the boundary of the road junction. This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. It is considered to date from early 17th century, being partially refronted in early 19th century. The tourelle was removed in the 20th century.

The house displays Jersey’s vernacular tradition in the use of local materials and details.

Old Jersey Houses

A single-sentence entry in Volume One dates the arch as 1700, in an earlier facade.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs