Les Geonnais Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Les Geonnais Farm, St Ouen


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org


Property name

Les Geonnais


Rue des Geonnais, St Ouen

Type of property

Farm with 17th century origins


Sold for £1,680,000 in 2010

Families associated with the property

  • Luce: The Luce family which owned the property as early as early as 1849, as shown on the Godfray Map, were still here in 1941. An application for postponement of Military Service for Walter Francis Luce (1918- ) was made in 1940, but was presumably unsuccessful because the occupants a year later were listed as Philip John Luce (1885- ), his wife Eliza, nee Le Cornu (1886- ) and their daughter Irene Maud (1910- )


Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Historic farm group with 17th century or earlier origins, and later 18th and 19th century phases, retaining character and original features.

Of particular note are the high quality main house, west extension and north stable block. A fine example of a farm complex with probable very early origins.

Main house upgraded or refronted circa 1750. 19th century additions. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

An arch bears the date 1895 with initials above. There are some unusual brick built pigsties circa 1895.

Old Jersey Houses

A brief article in Volume Two refers to a cement rendered small cottage, with 17th century appearance. The article also mentions windows and fireplaces.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs