Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
La Charriere, St Mary
Type of property
18th century farm
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- PPP MGF 1707 MDP MPP 
Historic Environment Record entry
Farmhouse range of early 18th century origins, retaining its historic proportions, original facade and historic character. It has a strong presence, contributing to the rural roadside setting.
Les Charrieres is influenced by the Georgian fashion but with a strong continuing local character.
This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Linear farm range comprising two-storey, five-bay house with wing to west and farm building to east.
First floor door accessed by external granite steps.
Notes and references
- ↑ This stone has been wrongly listed by the Datestone Register, and no attempt has been made to decipher it. PPP presumably stands for Philippe or Pierre Pepin or Pipon, but we have not been able to find any marriage to match the initials. The second set of initials, however, can be linked to the marriage of Michel Dupre and Marguerite Pipon in St Mary in 1707. This suggests that this is a rare two-generation stone and that Marguerite was the daughter of the first couple. We have not been able to find a matching baptism record. The closest is for Marguerite, daughter of Jean and Alice, nee de Carteret, baptised in St Peter in 1645.