Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Les Arches Farm
Grande Route de St Martin, St Martin
Type of property
Mid-18th century farm converted to seven residential units
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- 17 IAM FIN 46 
- 18 JAM RGLC 20 - For Jean Amy and Rachel Gallichan, grandparents of John on the next stone
- JAM & EVD 1887 - For John Amy and Elizabeth Vaudin 
Historic Environment Record entry
The farmhouse and cohesive farm group retains its historic proportions and character with fine stonework and many external historic features. Original farm house is possibly 1746, likely refronted and extended to rear in 1820. Farm outbuildings date from 1887.
The yellow brick chimneys may date from the same time as the outbuildings as they match the keystone and bricks to the throughway. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Historic farm group (now converted to 1-7 Les Arches Farm).
Throughway and arched openings have rusticated surrounds. Throughway arch dressed stone jambs, brick flat arch with yellow brick keystone (matching chimneys).
The interior of the main house was originally single pile, with extended double pile added in 19th century, plan form remodelled early 21st century. A few early 19th century features are retained to the house - a dog leg stair; reed moulded architraves in internal ground and first floor south rooms; and some pencil moulded joists - but otherwise 21st century refurbishment. The outbuildings have been converted into residential.