Le Coin St Lawrence

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Le Coin, St Lawrence


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org


Property name

Le Coin

Other names

  • Le Coin Farm
  • Le Coin Farmhouse


Route de St Jean, St Lawrence

Type of property

Farmhouse with 17th century origins; 18th century alterations


Sold for £538,000 in 2005; £880,000 in 2009; and £835,000 in 2015. It is believed that the property had been sub-divided before the last of these sales.

Families associated with the property

  • Pinel
  • Godel: In 1941 Elias Godel (1869- ), his wife Lizzie Ann Godel, née Le Cornu, (1879- ), their children Elie Francois Godel (1897- ), Alice Maud Godel (1899- ), Hedley John Godel (1911- ) and Lucille du Feu Godel, and their daughter-in-law Lucille Marguerite Godel, née du Feu (1898- )
  • Guerin: A second family living at Le Coin Farm in 1941. Eugene Marie Guerin (1886- ), his wife Anne Marie, nee Milon (1887- ) and their daughter Violet Lorraine Louise (1920- )


Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

A 17th century house, altered in 18th century, retaining original features of historic significance and integrity as a group of farm buildings including bakehouse. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Linear range farm group with detached bakehouse to south. House is five-bay, two-storey. Slate roof with pair of granite chimneystacks (one rendered), both with thatch stones. THree-bay section to west refaced in ashlar, incorporating datestone. Remaining two bays randomly coursed granite with very long quoins (grey to upper storey, red on ground floor), enlarged long-and-short window surrounds.

Single storey bakehouse - corrugated metal roof, granite chimney with thatch stones.

Old Jersey Houses

Not included

Notes and references

  1. Jean was born in 1779 and seems most likely to have been the son of the Jean who erected the 1784 stone. He then moved into the property with his new wife in 1804, and although this stone is likely to have marked work undertaken on the house, it is also a somewhat rare example of a 'marriage stone' marking the year of a couple's marriage
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs