Le Bourg

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Le Bourg, St John


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org


Property name

Le Bourg


Charrieres de Bonne Nuit, St John

Type of property

19th century country house


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property


  • 1776 - no initials, on wellhead

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Mid-late 19th century rural house, retaining original interior and exterior features and character, with 18th century wellhead.

Two-storey, three-bay detached house, large extension across rear. Pitched slate roof, rendered corniced chimneys at ends in ashlar effect, cresting.

Rubble granite wellhead at front of house, with capstone inscribed 1776.

Two rooms wide, single pile, central hall and dog leg staircase to first floor with mahogany turned balusters. Few other surviving features, except deep timber skirting in most rooms, four-panel doors with moulded surrounds in main rooms, 19th century fireplaces in two first floor rooms. Attic a single space.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs