Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
La Vieille Guillaumerie
Rue de La Guillaumerie, St Saviour 
Type of property
18th century farmhouse
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Guillaume: It is believed that Mathieu Guillaume, in about 1603, originally built and lived in La Vieille Guillaumerie
- Du Heaume: The family connection with the property is based on the datestone (below) which was probably brought from elsewhere
- 17 EDH ♥ SN 34 - For Edouard du Heaume and Susanne Noel.  It is possible that this stone was brought to the property from a derelict house near Chateau Clairval, Maufant and relocated here over a gateway in the boundary wall
Historic Environment Record entry
18th century farmhouse which retains its historic character, with later wing and outbuildings that contribute to the rural setting. This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. Earlier house appears mid-18th century with earlier origins. Later 19th century five-bay extension.
Original house has rubble stone walls with elongated quoins, long and short quoins to windows with evidence of enlargement to earlier openings. Central doorway with dressed stonework. Later wing with rubble granite walls and simpler stone dressings to openings.
Notes and references
- ↑ The name of the road is variously found spelt Guillaumerie and Guilleaumerie, the second version apparently now being adopted as the postal address for properties on the road. However, the traditional spelling of the family name in the Island was Guillaume. It is believed that Mathieu Guillaume, in about 1603, originally built and lived in La Vieille Guillaumerie, on the east side of the road, although this property, having been rebuilt in the 18th century, retains few signs of antiquity, and that the road was named after this property. Other properties bearing the name, on the other side of the road, are believed to have taken their name from the road, not the family. The family name spelt Guilleaume did not appear in Jersey church records until the mid-19th century, and only on the western side of the island. Rue de la Guilleaumerie is, therefore, a spelling error which has been perpetuated since the late 20th century and is found in almanacs, the HER website and the Jersey Datestone Register.
- ↑ No marriage record has been found for this couple, and they do not appear in any Jerripedia du Heaume trees. They may be the couple who had three children, two baptised in St Ouen in 1713 and 1716, and a third in St Saviour in 1732