If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
- Clos de La Porte
- Le Hurel 
Rue de Cambrai, Trinity
Type of property
The property sold for £1,065,000 in 2004
Families associated with the property
- Maret: Marett family tree
- Le Vesconte: This property has been in the Le Vesconte family since 1755, having passed by marriage from the Marets. Philippe Le Vesconte married Marie Maret, younger daughter and heiress of Amice Maret (1663- ). Amice's father Jean (1629- ) may be recorded in a shield-shaped relief on the small arch at the entrance
- IM 1663 - For Jean Maret
- ICM FB - interior carving, not interpreted but the "ICM" is probably "ILM". A Josué Le Masurier and Elizabeth Blampied married in 1755--"ILM.EB"?--whilst another Josué and Rachel Blampied married in 1793--"ILM.RB"?
Buildings across the road, now known as Le Hurel but formerly belonging to this property, but not believed to record occupancy of La Porte itself, have the following: 
- 17 ILM ELM 37 - For Josue Le Masurier and Elizabeth Le Masurier, who married in 1722
- ILM ELM 1748 - For Jean Le Masurier and Elizabeth Le Masurier, who married in 1742
Historic Environment Record entry
This large 15th/16th century building shows many signs of alterations over the years to the front facade. It retains its proportions, fine stonework, and historic features externally and the corbelled fireplaces internally. The building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Old Jersey Houses
The greater part of what was a large double entrance arch has now gone. A carved stone let into the wall of an outbuilding has a fleur-de-lys emblem, with the probable initials ICM and FB, but no date. They are high up and much weathered and this interpretation may not be correct.