Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue des Alleurs, St Martin
Type of property
Mid-19th century country house. Used as Rosel Manor School from the 1880s
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Ferey: The 1901 census shows Jane Elizabeth Ferey, nee De La Haye (1852- ), living here alone. She is described as the wife of the occupier, which is explained by her husband George Richardson Ferey (1848- ) being a mariner and, presumably, at sea on census night. The census describes the property as 'late Rozel School'. The renowned Jersey artist Edmund Blampied was a pupil of the school, before moving to Trinity School
- Ahier: Esther Jane Ahier, whose will was registered on 8 April 1936, lived here
Historic Environment Record entry
This is an elegant mid-19th century house with its external historical features and staircase remaining. It contributes to the rural setting.
Two storey, three-bay house with wing to east. Entrance door surrounded with timber panelled architrave. Cast iron gates to west in line with front of building (fixed in late 20th century).
20th century extension further to northwest. Central entrance, originally double pile, now open. Through passage. Dog legged stair has painted stick balusters with mahogany handrail terminating with swan neck. Internal shutters remain in ground floor southwest window and first floor south windows. Fireplaces are salvaged.