From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

L'Augee Farm, St Helier


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

L'Augee Farm

Other names



Grande Route de Mont a l'Abbe, St Helier

Type of property


Families associated with the property

  • Laugee: A Huguenot family, the Laugees lived and farmed here for nearly two hundred years.The surname is now extinct in the Island but their descendants in the United States of America survive, one branch of whom, with issue, returned to the United Kingdom, where they flourish. The name is now pronounced in the American manner, Lougee
  • Pinel


TPN♥♥MLG 1802 -For Thomas Pinel and Marguerite Le Gros of St Lawrence, who married in St Helier on 13 July 1793. By 1841 Thomas and Marguerite, with their youngest daughters, Nancy and Betsey, had moved into town and were living in Simon Place

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building A good survival of a farm group that has evolved over time with evidence of the various phases from medieval to 19th century. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Rare surviving evidence of late medieval features and fabric indicating an open hall construction. Surviving features such as bakehouse and copper are of social historical value.

The two-cell main farmhouse possibly originally of mid-15th century construction, evidenced by lamp brackets either side of the fireplace in the east gable wall, stone hood on the chimney and stone surrounds on main entrance and windows.

Bakehouse and washhouse still contains 19th century bread oven, fireplace and copper.

Old Jersey Houses

Not mentioned in either volume

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs