Holy Trinity Church
Holy Trinity Church is an Anglican church in Trinity Square, St Peter Port, was built in 1789.
Holy Trinity Church originated in an Order-in-Council of 8 July 1772, which granted permission for the Bailiff William Le Marchant and Jurat Nicholas Dobrée to build "a private chapel for the performance of divine worship according to the rites and ceremonies of the Church of England" on the basis that population of St Peter Port had expanded to the point where the accommodation available at the Town Church was no longer sufficient. There was little progress, until they sold their rights to a group led by the Grut family who wanted to establish a strict Protestant church. The church was built at a cost of £3,443-10s-6d, and first opened its doors for service on 5 July 1789.
It has a Dutch-style gable-end facing onto Trinity Square containing a Doric Doorcase as main entrance, above which is a large clock surmounted by a small belfry added in 1887. It was consecrated by the Bishop of Winchester in 1846.
The Priaulx Library holds microfilm copies of the parish registers of baptisms (1847-1988), marriages (1858-1988) and burials (1858-1988).