Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
- Hillview Cottage
- 1 Hillside
- 2 Hillside
- 3 Hillside
Rue de La Croiserie, Trinity
Type of property
Cottage with 18th century origins. Property divided into three residential units c2002
- 1 Hillside sold for £310,000 in 2002 and £340,000 in 2006
- 2 Hillside sold for £290,000 in 2003
- 3 Hillside sold for £290,000 in 2003
Families associated with the property
- Coutanche: John George Coutanche (1875- ), his second wife Alice Kate, née Oram (1881- ) and his son John Philip (1906- ), by his first wife, Jane Romeril Mourant, were living here in 1941
- Nicolle: Edgar Nicolle (1880- ) and his sister Mabel Louisa (1873- ) were also recorded here in 1941
- 1906 - no initials
- JGC and JRM 
Historic Environment Record entry
An originally 18th century single-storey cottage that has been reordered in 19th century, retaining original interior and exterior features from both periods; with Edwardian farm building of exterior interest, and group value.
Remains of granite corbelled fireplace. Present entrance in south elevation apparently 19th century; original entrance to north survives. Interior apparently reordered in 19th century to accommodate this change; modest staircase at north end of hall is probably mid-19th century.
Footprint of house and barn appear on Richmond map 1795.
Edwardian-period outbuilding. Detached, single storey, attic, five-bay, single bay single storey extension to roadside - Hillview Cottage.
Parallel to rear: large early 20th century barn, pitched slate roof, almost full height cart entrance arch; single storey extension to west. Converted to residential units with associated window and door openings at ground and first floor levels.