Haut du Mont Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Haut du Mont Farm, St Peter


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

Haut du Mont Farm

Other names

  • Haut du Mont
  • Glenrose
  • Haut du Mont Farm Cottage


Rue l'Aleval, St Peter

Type of property

18th century farm group


The buildings and land sold for £3.3 million in 2013

Families associated with the property

  • Picot
  • Blampied
  • Duval: In 1941 Eugene Charles Joseph du Val (1913- ) and his wife Marie Albertine, nee de La Haye (1913- ) were living here


  • PPC SBP 1763 - For Philippe Picot and Sarah Blampied [1]
  • 18 PBP♥♥ARN 09 - For Philippe Blampied and Anne Renouf, married in St Peter in 1778 [2]
  • PBP♥♥NJ 1832 - For Philippe Blampied and Nancy Jean, daughter of Philippe
  • GFT CAB 1992 - For Gerald Francis Trevor and Christine Anne Bailhache, lintel on 20th century extension

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

This is a cohesive farm group of 18th century origins, retaining external historic fabric and proportions.

Shown on the Richmond map of 1795. The main house is mid-18th century, five-bay, two-storey rubble granite with quoins. The window and door openings are of dressed stone and there is a pair of dressed granite chimneystacks with dripstones. Sundial on left hand chimney.

New building to rear of house. Early 19th century extension to right, four-bay, two-storey, squared rubble granite with dressed openings. Outbuilding adjoining at right angle to main house, two-storey, rubble granite with dressed openings. Former square-headed throughway now with flatted arch inserted in 1956, and infilled with glazing in 2000s.

Conservatory added to gable in 2005. Opposite the main house is former 19th century cow stable, two-storey, rubble granite with dressed openings. Garage extension added 2005. The interior of the buildings have been successively remodelled in the 1950s, '60s and '90s - including alterations to the arrangement of rooms, the repositioning of the staircase and the wholesale replacement of internal features and fabric.

Old Jersey Houses

Datestones are listed but the property is not otherwise featured

Notes and references

  1. No marriage record found to support this interpretation, which is based on a burial record for Sarah Picot, nee Blampied, wife of Philippe
  2. We have not been able to fit these Blampieds into existing trees. This Philippe would appear to be the father of the next, and to have been the son of Pierre Blampied, of St Lawrence, and Sara Picot, who married in St Peter in 1755. Pierre was the son of Abraham
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs