Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
- La Vieille Ferme
- Glen Moor Farm
Rue du Bourg, St Clement
Type of property
Farm group with 17th century origins
Sold for £840,000 in 2008 as Glen Moor Farm
Families associated with the property
- Baudains: Bought by the family in 1910. In 1941 Clifford Ching Baudains (1904- ), his wife May Gerardina Elisa, nee Lemmens (1913- ) and their children Betty Pauline, Diana Margaret, and John Bertram were living here
- 1831 - No initials, but claimed by HER to be for the marriage of Jean Averty and Mary Le Brun 
Historic Environment Record entry
Historic farm group with circa 17th century origins and later additions, retaining some original features and character.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. The single storey west wing is the earliest building, dated by John McCormack's Channel Island Houses to circa 1670.
East wing (and roughcast to main house) added circa 1930 - replacing earlier single storey wing shown on photograph above right. Former farm group comprising main house - five-bay, two-storey with attic - with later cross wing to east and earlier five-bay, single storey west wing; plus five-bay, single storey outbuilding detached to north.
Old Jersey Houses
Not included, despite undoubted age of the property
Notes and references
- ↑ There is no marriage on record of a Jean Averty and Mary Le Brun, and it is much more likely that this stone relates to Jean Averty and Marie Aubin, both of St Clement, who married in the parish in 1831