Rue du Creux Baillot, St Ouen
Type of property
Early 18th century house
Families associated with the property
- Vibert: Clarence John Vibert (1909- ), his wife Mavis Alice, nee Le Cornu (1901- ) and their children Daphne, Arthur and Rodney, were living here in 1941
- Lempriere: Gladys May Lempriere (1922- ) and her siblings John Philip (1923- ), Edward Philip (1926- ) Ida May (1929- ) and Olga Mary (1930- ) were also living here in 1941
- Vautier: Mabel Ann Le Maistre, widow of Thomas Vautier, left the property to Charles Philip Vautier in her 1931 will
Historic Environment Record entry
This is an early 18th century house retaining historic character, with a good facade of marked contrasting coloured stone. It has scenic presence.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Main house with rear extension.
Main house: 2 storey, 3 bay. Front (south) elevation: slate roof with rough dressed chimneys and dormers. Roughly squared random stone construction with large irregular quoins, rough dressed shouldered openings (all windows have been enlarged, the upper windows having been raised and the ground level windows have been dropped).
Gable (west) elevation: pierre perdu mortar (the gable shows the outline of a now blocked first floor window and the outline of a small rear north extension or outshut).
Rear (north) elevation: modern rendered extension with slate roof.