Craigie Cottage

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Craigie Cottage, St Clement


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through


Property name

Craigie Cottage

Other names

Formerly Le Hocq Railway Station


Rue du Hocq, St Clement

Type of property

Converted railway station


Sold for £235,000 in 2006; £350,000 in 2015 and £552,500 in 2021

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Rare surviving example of a Victorian Jersey railway station, retaining some original features, including part of the platform.

One of a number of stations along the Eastern Railway terminating at Gorey. The architectural style echoes that of other surviving stations, but is more modest in size, and single storey. Built as Le Hocq Railway Station, part of the Jersey Eastern Line which opened 1873-4. The station opened on 7 August 1873 and closed on 21 June 1929.

The platform was originally 162 feet in length and was later extended to 225 feet. There was a platform ramp at the west end of the platform. The stone stationmaster's house was single storey.

The station building comprised a booking office and waiting rooms.

Section of original railway platform in front.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs