Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Now known as Cardington House and run as a 'boutique' hotel
Mont du Boulevard, St Aubin
Type of property
Villa overlooking St Aubin's Harbour
In 1874 the property was leased by George Francis Parker, procureur for Sarah Ann Scott, daughter of Benjamin, to Henry Joseph Hunt Holdsworth, son of Charles, for 36 quartiers of wheat rente.
Families associated with the property
- McEwan: In 1901 Francis John McEwan (1866- ) and his wife Emily Elizabeth (1876- ) were living here
Historic Environment Record entry
An imposing villa of mid-19th century origins, but which has been substantially rebuilt and altered in 20th century, with interior comprising imported features and modern reproductions. The original house was built in 1850 by the Reverend Samuel King and his wife. North entrance front set back from road behind short drive with granite piers at frontage and metal gates.