Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Grande Route de St Jean, St John
Type of property
18th century farm group
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Baudains: In 1901 widowed farmer Philip Baudains (1842- ) was living here with his son Philip Melmoth (1872- ) and daughter-in-law Ada Jane, nee Vaudin(1873- )
- Le Cornu: In 1941 Edward Le Cornu (1879- ), his wife Florence Matilda, nee Larbalestier (1877- ) and their son Snowdon (1909- ) were living and farming here
Mention of a datestone by HER, but none on record
Historic Environment Record entry
A farm group of 18th to early 19th century origins, maintaining original features and integrity, and contributing to the streetscape character. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Five-bay, two-storey house with five-bay, two-storey wing to the west. A full height extension to the rear with a pitched roof forming a valley with the house.
Archway from road leads to a narrow yard to the north of the property framed by a block of farm buildings with pigsties on the end. Stable block, walled garden and further farm buildings, converted to residential use, to the north.
The house emulates the polite architecture of Georgian fashion but with a continuing local character.
Old Jersey Houses