Augres House

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Augres House, St Helier


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through


Property name

Augres House

Previous names

None known


Oaklands Lane, St Helier


The property was sold for £7 million in 2009

Type of property

A substantial property with likely 15th and 17th century origins, but much altered and remodelled in 20th century

Families associated with the property

None identified

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. Long two-storey farm house range with six-bay house to centre, with three-bay extensions to each end. Associated outbuildings. The main house has five rendered chimneystacks - those to the central six bays with thatch stones. Stone arched doorway to sixth bay. Brett records "some remarkable examples of ecclesiastical stonework, including finials, and an enormous pork-salting trough".

Old Jersey Houses

Not included in either volume

Further information

This property should not be confused with the nearby L'Augres House, nor with Augres Farm, St Helier, nor Les Augres, in Trinity and home to Jersey Zoo

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs